Embarking on a remodel of your house is an incredibly exciting process, allowing you to build the home of your dreams. To help you make your vision a reality, one of the most important things you’ll need to do is hire the right home remodeling company that can deliver the results you’re looking for. This crucial step is the difference between a smooth, successful project and a prolonged, painful process.
To help you find the perfect remodeling company for you, we’ve put together some tips for how to find the best contractors in your area. Check them out below and find the partner who’ll be able to execute your vision.
GreatBuildz is a free service that connects homeowners in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura & San Diego Counties with reliable general contractors.
We chat with homeowners every day about how to find the best remodeling company for their projects – read on to learn more on finding the perfect contractor.
The importance of choosing the right remodeling company
One of the most important steps in planning a remodel is selecting a high-quality, reputable remodeling company to work with. There’s no downplaying the importance of this decision. The right renovation company will not only be able to bring your vision for your home to life with high-quality workmanship, but they will also have years of expertise that allow them to help with several other factors.
Among other things, a good contractor will be able to tell you if any of your requests are unrealistic, consult with you about local laws and permits, and create a stress-free, even fun remodeling experience.
In contrast, getting stuck with a bad contractor can lead to a number of undesirable outcomes and issues, including:
- Poor-quality workmanship that doesn’t stand the test of time
- A prolonged remodel process that goes past your deadline
- Unexpected issues that cost you money
- Potential legal problems if you choose to terminate the contract
- Damage to your property
Thankfully, if you do your due diligence and take the time to vet several different remodeling companies to choose the best one for your needs, you should be able to avoid all of the issues associated with a poor contractor.
How to find the top remodeling companies near me
The following considerations and tips will help you choose a remodeling company you’re sure to enjoy working with that can deliver the results you’re looking for.
Qualities of a top remodeling company
Before beginning the process of searching for and evaluating remodeling companies, you’ll need to know what you’re looking for. So what makes a top remodeling company? There are several qualities we’d encourage you to look for that indicate a company is reputable, honest, and does good work.
- Longevity and experience – While it is certainly not the case that all companies that have been around for decades are superior to newer ones, a contractor who has been in business for longer will typically be more reliable than one who is just getting started.
- Reputation – It’s rare that a renovation company’s reputation in your area is inaccurate. A contractor who is known for being ethical and getting involved in the local community is probably one you can trust.
- Communication – Remodeling can be a long process, and you’ll have much more peace of mind if you get regular, detailed updates that help you know exactly what is going on and how much progress is being made. The best remodeling companies will make every effort to always keep you updated and promptly answer any questions you have.
- Licenses – While they may charge lower prices, the risks of working with unlicensed contractors far outweigh the benefits. If you want to receive high-quality work done with all of the right permits and following the relevant codes, you’ll want to find a company with a valid license.
- Insurance – To avoid any financial liability for injuries or accidents, it’s best to work with a remodeling company with insurance.
- Time management skills – Nobody wants their remodel to go over budget or deadline. The best renovation companies are those that can stick with the parameters they are given.
- Safety – Last but certainly not least, it’s vital that your home remodeling company is up-to-date on all safety standards and follows the correct protocol to ensure employee safety.
How to evaluate remodeling companies
In addition to being able to identify a reliable remodeling company, you’ll also need to know how to choose the company that will best meet your particular needs. The following steps will help you find a contractor that is a perfect fit for your project.
- Areas of expertise – Renovation companies may specialize in different types of remodeling. Some may be bathroom experts, while others work exclusively on entire home renovations. As part of choosing your contractor, make sure that their experience fits your project.
- Culture fit – Feeling safe and comfortable with your remodeling company is essential. When vetting a company, try to evaluate its culture. Are they small and tight-knit? Or are they a larger corporation? How is their customer service? Who is your point of contact? All of these questions will impact the experience of working together.
- Reviews and testimonials – There is no better way to get a sense of what it’s like to work with any given company than to hear from their previous clients. Always make sure to look at reviews and testimonials and receive first-hand references.
4 great remodeling companies in Los Angeles
At GreatBuildz, we know how important it is to find the right remodeling company to help you have a stress-free remodel experience that not only meets but exceeds your expectations. That’s why it’s our mission to connect homeowners with reliable contractors who pass our rigorous screening process.
Here are four of the Los Angeles remodeling companies that we are proud to work with:
- Sharon C. – With 27 years of experience, Sharon has a long record of happy clients, providing excellent communication and great work. As President of the local chapter of the National Association of Minority Contractors, Sharon is a valuable part of her community.
- Joel P. – With his ability to develop a relationship with every customer and offer a stress-free experience, Joel is a client favorite.
- Anna & Vahik K. – This trustworthy and professional husband and wife contractor team deliver only the highest-quality work known to stand the test of time.
- Curtis M. – Having been featured on HGTV’s “House Hunters Renovation,” Curtis’s good-natured personality shines through in his commitment to offering a positive experience for every client.
GreatBuildz is a free service that matches homeowners with reliable, ethical general contractors and provides project support from start to finish.
To work with an amazing remodeling company in the Los Angeles, Southern California, Orange County, and Ventura County area and receive GreatBuildz’s ongoing support and guidance, call (818.317.3567) or visit our website for more information.
Submit your project to be connected with several fully vetted, trustworthy contractors who are experienced with home remodeling projects.