How To Use The Bathroom Remodeling Cost Calculator
If you’re considering a bathroom remodel, this cost calculator is for you!
Simply go through all the steps above, selecting the aspects of the project you’d like to include. Then, we’ll ask for your preferences for the specific elements you chose.
You’ll choose from 3 different trim levels – Basic (common for a rental), Mid-range (average for the everyday remodeler), and High-end (all luxury finishes).
Keep in mind that the cost estimates provided above are simply rough figures, you can reasonably expect your final project to cost somewhere within 15% of the estimate above. Some projects can be more complex than others and there can always be surprises, so we recommend getting multiple contractor estimates to validate your numbers for budgeting.
With one quick phone call, we can match you with 3 reliable bathroom remodeling pros for FREE ESTIMATES
Factors that Influence Bathroom Remodel Costs
Luckily, homeowners have a lot of control over the total cost of a bathroom remodel. The quality of the materials you use in the renovation, as well as how many items in your bathroom you decide to replace and renovate, determines the cost of the project. The cost also depends heavily on the size of your bathroom.
One reason that the price range for bathroom remodels is so wide is that many factors influence the overall cost of the project. Each bathroom remodel is unique to the homeowners’ needs and the space at hand. Here are a few factors that can influence the total cost of the project:
- Your home’s geographical location and local labor costs
- The size and square footage of the bathroom
- Materials chosen, their quality, required quantity, and relative costs
- Bathroom additions or tearing down walls
- Custom vs. prefabricated features and fixtures
- Home accessibility modifications
- Unforeseen emergencies and repairs after demolition
Hidden Bathroom Remodel Costs to Look Out For
- Mold and rotting: Because bathrooms are damp, moisture-packed environments, it is possible there is mold behind walls or underneath floors that you cannot see until they are torn away.
- Outdated electrical systems: Old and outdated electrical systems can pose a risk. It is important to get them fixed and updated while you are remodeling. Your contractor can assess the situation once demolition has begun.
- Plumbing leaks: Oftentimes plumbing leaks are visible, but sometimes they lie beneath the surface. Ignoring a leak that is lurking beneath a shower or sink can cause serious water damage to your home. Make sure to have your contractor investigate any water sources and ensure plumbing is in good shape.
“We recommend setting 15 percent of your remodeling budget aside for hidden issues and emergencies. This way, you will not have to sacrifice your vision for the bathroom project by needing to allocate budget towards these necessary repairs.”
See Our Stunning Bathroom Remodels
Latest Bathroom Remodeling Advice
Our GreatBuildz Guides below are filled with helpful tips to ensure a stress-free remodel.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bathroom Remodels
What is the average cost to remodel a bathroom?
The average secondary bathroom remodel costs $20k-$25k.
The average master bathroom remodel costs $25k-$35k
Why should you estimate the cost of your bathroom remodeling project?
The more you know, the better prepared you can be! By using the cost calculator above, you can get a general idea of what to expect your project to cost. Then, once you begin meeting with contractors, getting multiple estimates will further validate your findings.
Working with a reasonable remodeling budget will help you better select the right materials and plan your project accordingly.
Can you remodel a bathroom on a budget?
The are a number of ways you can save money on your bathroom remodel. Check out the following blog for some of our best tips! Link: Save on bathroom remodel blog
What is the most expensive part of a bathroom remodel?
How long does a bathroom remodel take?
The average bathroom remodel takes 3-4 weeks.
Do bathroom remodels increase the resale value of a home?
Yes! Especially if your existing bathroom is in poor shape, a new bathroom can make your home more attractive to buyers – allowing you to sell your home faster and for a higher price!
"(Required)" indicates required fields
Bathroom Remodeling Cost Calculator
Learn what to budget for your dream bathroom!